- Mintz, C., Schutte, C., Borella, S., “A Longitudinal Study of the Reduction of Challenging Behavior through Early Intensive and Comprehensive Applied Behavior Analysis.” White Paper, Action Behavior Centers, 2021.
Scientific Research Articles and Abstracts
- Lovaas, O. Ivar. “Behavioral Treatment and Normal Educational and Intellectual Functioning in Young Autistic Children.” Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1987.
- McEachin, J., et al. “Long-Term Outcome for Children with Autism Who Receive Early Intensive Behavioral Treatment.” American Journal on MR, 1993.
- Cohen, H., Amerine-Dickens, M., and Smith, T. “Early Intensive Behavioral Treatment: Replication of the UCLA Model in a Community Setting.” Journal of Developmental Pediatrics, 2006.
- Sallows, G., Graupner, T. “Intensive Behavioral Treatment for Children with Autism: Four-Year Outcome and Predictors.” American Journal on MR, 2005.
- Peters-Scheffer, N., Didden, R., Korzilius, H., Sturmey, P. “A Meta-Analytic Study on the Effectiveness of Comprehensive ABA-based Early Intervention Programs for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2011.
- Roberts, J., et al. “A Randomised Controlled Trial of Two Early Intervention Programs for Young Children with Autism: Centre-based with Parent Program and Home-based.” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2011.
- Foxx, R. “Applied Behavior Analysis Treatment of Autism: The State of the Art.” Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 2008.
- Zachor, D., Ben-Itzchak, E., Rabinovich, A., Lahat, E. “Change in Autism Core Symptoms with Intervention.” Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2007.
- Hayward, D. “Assessing Progress During Treatment for Young Children with Autism Receiving Intensive Behavioural Interventions.” Autism, 2009.
- Jensen, V., Sinclair, L. “Treatment of Autism in Young Children: Behavioral Intervention and Applied Behavior Analysis.” Infants & Young Children, 2002.
Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB)
Families for Early Autism Treatment
National Autism Center
The National Institute of Mental Health – Autism
National Autism Association
Autism Science Foundation
Organization for Autism Research (OAR)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Autism Society
American Academy of Pediatrics
Let Me Hear Your Voice
by Catherine Maurice
The Way I See It
by Temple Grandin
How to Think Like a Behavioral Analyst
by Jon Bailey and Mary Burch
An Early Start for Your Child with Autism
by Sally Rogers, Geraldine Dawson, and Laurie Vismara
Applied Behavior Analysis (Second Edition)
by John Cooper, Timothy Heron, and William Howard
Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew
by Ellen Notbohm and Veronica Zysk
Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism
by Shannon Des Roches Rosa, Jennifer Byde Myers, Emily Willingham, and Carol Greenberg
Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism
by Barry M. Prizant