The Action Behavior Centers ABA Therapy Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for US-based students pursuing higher education studies in a field that will benefit the research or clinical therapy for Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The $1,000 Action Behavior Centers College Scholarship is be offered twice a year to students with a focus in psychology, applied behavior analysis (ABA), early education, secondary education, sociology, biology, and other natural or applied sciences that related to autism.
About Autism Spectrum Disorder & Action Behavior Centers
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) represents a group of significant mental conditions that present themselves in early childhood. ASD is associated with a variety of developmental delays in verbal and non-verbal communication and other elements of social interaction. Individuals with autism may engage in repetitive behaviors, have a low desire to socialize with others, and have difficulty with transitions or minor changes in their routines. ABA therapy is a well-established approach – considered the gold standard – for the treatment of individuals on the autism spectrum. Goals of an ABA therapy program include increasing communication ability, the desire and ability to play and work with others, and development of life skills for independent living.
Action Behavior Centers is a well-established ABA therapy center chain that is committed to the advancement of clinical practice, as well as educational opportunities, for those in the Autism community. Our semi-annual ABA Therapy Scholarship is designed to facilitate the academic achievements of students who are committed to making their careers in the field of autism research or therapy.
ABA Therapy Scholarship Summary
Deadline: Our College Scholarships are offered twice per year (semi-annual). Spring Scholarship applications must be completed by 06/30/2020 and will be awarded by 07/31/2020. Fall Scholarship applications must be completed by 11/30/2020 and will be awarded by 12/31/2020.
Eligibility: US citizens or permanent residents enrolled in or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university full-time in 2018. There is no minimum GPA requirement. The basis for awarding the scholarship will be the passion of the applicant, as represented by their writing sample.
How to Apply: A complete application will be 100% online, and consists of (1) a completed application form found below; (2) a short writing project.
- Application form. Please complete the below application form and complete all requested information, including the link to your short writing project.
- Short writing project. Please share in one page (less than 250 words) your personal understanding of how Applied Behavior Analysis works as a therapy for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Include original writing and thinking, as submissions will be checked for uniqueness and plagiarism in order to be fair to all applicants and out of respect for the process. The best essays will demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of autism spectrum disorder, human behavior, and clinical approaches to mental health disorders.
- If you have a personal set of motivations relating to autism (a friend, family member, other experience) please share this as well.
- Please post this to a personal website, social media page, or blog in order to share this learning and awareness opportunity with others. Building awareness of ABA therapy and Autism Spectrum Disorder is one of the key ways that more patients over the last decades have brought this disorder into public attention. Please include the link to your post in your application. You may find information about ABA therapy on our website (www.ActionBehavior.com) and many other resources online. Please include a link back to the page on our website you found to be the most helpful.
Our clinical and administrative staff are not able to answer questions about our ABA Therapy Scholarship. Our phone lines and other contact forms on our website are devoted to patients, so no means of communication other than this form will be accepted. In response to requests from prior years’ applicants, we put the scholarship application online in the form you see below. Please complete all responses, and share a link to where you have posted your writing sample.