As ABC faces the COVID-19 pandemic together with the rest of the world, our commitment to the safety of our employees and families remains our top priority. We are equally as committed to the continuity of care for our patients receiving medically necessary Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services.
Our mission at Action Behavior Centers is to help children on the autism spectrum reach their highest potential. We offer an Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention (EIBI) program to our clients because we, along with decades of scientific research, understand that the early childhood years are the most critical time to make a lasting difference in a child’s life. We have a small window to make a big impact.
We are committed to continuing to provide center-based and in-home therapy services to all existing and new patients during this time. We continue to provide therapy for existing patients because we know routine is important, especially during these uncertain times. We are dedicated to ensuring our kiddos continue making strides forward and avoid the chance of regression. We have several sanitation and precautionary measures in effect and strictly adhere to the guidelines recommended by the CDC, WHO, and local government organizations.
We’re keeping your kiddos safe with the following protocols and procedures:
- Requiring protective masks to be worn in center
- Enhanced cleaning/disinfecting procedures
- Use of medical grade sanitizers to clean all areas of the center multiple times per day.
- Weekly disinfecting sprays employed by ER and ORs to eradicate bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Mandatory hand washing protocol several times a day
- Temperature checks for staff and children must be taken every day upon arrival and remain below 99.6.
- Tracking our staff and family travel plans; advising staff to avoid travel when possible and to also avoid extracurricular events with crowds larger than 10 people.
- All non-essential persons have been prohibited from centers, greatly decreasing the amount of people that come through our doors.
- Increasing paid time off for staff to encourage those not feeling well to stay home when necessary
ABC will monitor all local, federal, and healthcare-related COVID-19 updates and make decisions accordingly. We will continue to protect the services of our current families, as well as offer a safe home for any new families in need of autism services during this difficult time.
If you are a family in need of ABA services for your child or have experienced a disruption in your ABA services, we are here to help. Fill out our New Client Application form and a member of our team will be in touch promptly.
We are confident that we will all get through this together, and ABC will continue to be the highest quality provider of ABA services in Texas.