Behavior Therapist for Children on the Autism Spectrum
Locations in Texas: Austin, Round Rock, and Spring
Job Summary: Do you love to work with children? Would you like to have a full-time, salaried position playing an essential role in the development and success of special needs kids that are on the autism spectrum? Our company specializes in a highly-effective therapy that helps young children on the autism spectrum to communicate verbally, learn basic life skills, and reduce problematic behaviors. It’s hard to imagine a job where YOU can make a bigger impact in the life of a child.
Our Behavioral Therapists provide therapy based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in a clinic-based setting in our Texas-based centers. You will implement world-class behavior modification programs through one-on-one therapy, collect data electronically, assist with parent training, and coordinate with other team members to offer an incredibly valuable service to our clients and families.
About Action Behavior Centers: Action Behavior is a new, dynamic provider of ABA therapy services in Austin, Round Rock, and Spring, Texas. Founded by experienced, successful entrepreneurs and clinically-rigorous and friendly Board Certified Behavior Analysts, Action Behavior offers a superior career opportunity to behavioral health practitioners. Our business culture is work hard, play hard and each of us have a commitment to excellence in our work.
- Given the level of interest in our positions, at this time we are exclusively considering those with 6 months prior experience doing ABA therapy.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral and written communication.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid Texas Driver’s license, and be able to show up on time and ready to go every work day! We have great little clients and families that depend on us, and absenteeism isn’t possible!
- Our therapists will likely all have a college degree, or be enrolled in a four-year college or university program. However, to be a great behavior therapist doesn’t require any particular formal education. We are practical, and invite the best people who care about working with children and helping them reach their full potential. One of our founders attended Harvard for graduate school, but we know that formal education doesn’t always mean a great team member, and many of the smartest folks out there pursued other paths in their lives.
- We will provide full training to our behavior therapists, even if you are already a behavior therapist. We have very high standard for our therapists. If you are looking for an easy job, this isn’t it. Our training is rigorous and our work is extremely important, so we screen applicants closely for having the “right stuff.”
- Salaried position for full-time staff
- Experienced BT/RBT: $34,000 annually (equivalent of $17/hr.) + SIGNING BONUS
- New therapist: $30,000 annually (equivalent of $15/hr.)
- Training, coaching, and continued education assistance to new and experienced staff
- Opportunities for professional development
- Paid time off
- After-work voluntary team events
- A work environment that is based on positive reinforcement and culture formation
If you are interested in applying for a position at Action Behavior Centers, below is our process. We move very quickly, but we are committed to finding the top talent through a rigorous screening.
- Submit the form below with your name, email, phone, and less than 100 word summary of why you want to work with children on the autism spectrum
- If we are interested, we’ll respond to you and ask for a resume and have some additional questions.
- If you seem to be a match, one of our team will call you for a phone interview.
- After the phone interview, we’ll do a group interview where we see how you work and play with others in a fun, unique structure
- Finally, we’ll do one-on-one interviews with each of our management team, do background and credential checks, and reference checks.
To get started, please complete the form below: